Tuesday, December 15, 2015

TO OUR FAITHFUL PAPER DELIVERER

I like mornings! I like them a LOT!
I like them because others do not.
In the quiet stillness I have time to waken
Before the day's plans I have to be makin'.
Time to think, time to read,
Time to pray at a slower speed.

But in those hours I love so well,
(And how much earlier who can tell)
Others are working on highway and street
Because they have a deadline to meet.
So that when I finally go out my door,
There on lawn, or driveway, or floor
Lies my paper in plastic contained
Guarded against the wind and the rain.

Thank you my faceless friend.
As to your daily task you bend,
I salute you with a tip of the cap,
And hope you'll find time to take a nap.

                                                         hhcomings  





1 comment:

  1. I loved this, I did...I loved it a lot! I too, love the mornings while others do not. :-)I too, tip my hat to them all as they scurry. My prayers for them all as they hustle & hurry. :-)

    ReplyDelete